Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Publix deals 10/08

When I hit Publix each week, I try to only buy items which are on sale AND for which I have coupons. Yesterday, I flubbed a few items which I really needed but still only spent $74.50. I had almost $67 off in coupons & sales, but that's still more than I usually spend. Rather than list every item, I'll just share my GREAT deals:

2 - Honey Bunches of O's - on sale BOGO $1.95 & I had a coupon for a FREE box, so I spent $1.95 for two boxes of cereal
2 - Tabasco - $1.49 & I used two .50 coupons/doubled, so I paid only .49 per bottle!
1 - Cover Girl Eye Makeup Remover - $3.69 & I used one $1 manf coupon plus one $2 Publix coupon so this only cost .69
4 - Progresso Diced Tomatoes - on sale 4/$5 & I used two $1/2 coupons, so these were .75 ea
2 - Scotch Brite sponges (3pk) - on sale 2/$2.99 - used $1/2 so these were $1/pkg
1 - Cascade Rinse Aid - $3.49 - FREE with coupon
2 - Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes - on sale $1.75 - used two $1 manf coupons and one $1/2 Publix coupon, so these were .25 ea
1 - GE Reveal light bulb - one sale $1.99 - used $1 coupon
1 - New England Hazelnut Coffee - sale $2.90 - used $1.50 coupon
8 - Attune Probiotic bar - 6/$5 - used 4 BOGO coupons, so these were .42 each
1 - Publix Kidz yogurt - sale $1.67, used $1 coupon
2 - SeaPak Salmon - sale $3.80 each, used two $1 coupons so these were only 2.80 each
1 - Pillsbury Frozen Grands - sale $2.50, used $1 coupon

My big expenses were over $5 for a fresh fruit bowl (even with $1 coupon), $5.39 for olive oil (used .75 coupon), and $4.59 for NatureKids Organic breakfast bars for Sophia. (These are the ONLY bars she will eat. I'd LOVE for them to be on sale &/or have a coupon, but I've never seen a sale or a coupon!) Nabisco crackers were on sale 2/$5 so I bought two, but didn't have any discounts other than that. BOO. Maybe next time!

No comments: