Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Monday, October 6, 2008

Book Review




I just finished "Tethered" by Amy MacKinnon. WOW, what a FAST read; I could not put this book down! The main character, Clara, certainly has a troubled past (and present for that matter) and an eerie occupation as an undertaker. A police detective, Mike, begins work on the cold case of an unknown child murdered three years ago. As the two collaborate, you learn of their past trials and grief. Even though I sussed out the murderer fairly early in the book, the mysteries surrounding Clara, Mike, and the funeral home kept me on the edge of my seat. I had to reread the final chapters twice to "get it."


I know many are quite put off by any books or movies where children are abused or killed, but this book did not seem explotative at all. In fact, with the exception of one police officer's dialogue (and there wasn't much from him), you won't find bad language here either.


If you like a mystery or psychological thriller, this is for you. You can check out the author's website here.


No comments: