Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fast Track

Sheesh. What a morning! John was up at 5:30 and in the shower when Sophie started calling me from her bedroom. "HEY MOM!" I called her to come in our room at which time she announced she had wet her bed. So I got up, took her to potty, changed her clothes, and put her back in our bed to sleep for another hour or so.

John called (late) to wake us up. He apologized that he didn't call at his usual time (7 a.m.), then told me it was 8:40. I jumped up, put in my contacts, pulled on some jeans and a baseball cap, rushed to the kitchen to pack Sophie's lunch, ran to her bedroom to pack her backpack, then took her clothes to our room where I proceed to dress her WHILE SHE WAS STILL ASLEEP! She cried while she brushed her teeth and I simultaneously fixed her hair. Finally, I hustled her to the car which was COLD, noticed the hubby forgot to take the trash to the street, picked up the paper, then sped toward her school.

On the way there, she called her Daddy to say good morning. I got on the phone, and he commented on how early we were going to school today. I looked at the clock, and it was only 8:20! He had misspoke earlier when he called as it was only 7:40 then. So now, I have 45 minutes to kill before I can take the princess to school. Off to Starbucks we go!!

Upon arrival at school, I realize I don't have my checkbook and have forgotten to pay for October tuition. Also, today is the last day to order the artwork (magnets, etc. for fund raiser). AND it's pizza day. Praise the Lord that I was able to scrape together enough cash and coin so Sophie could have lunch LOL!

When I return home, I'm greeted by my half-painted kitchen, a small mountain of laundry, and Sophie's wet bedding. I think I will lie down and set the clock back to 7 a.m. and start this day again. Maybe a little slower this time.

No comments: