Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Sunday, September 7, 2008

OUCH!



Three days ago as I was putting an Electrosol tablet in the dishwasher, it crumbled into my hand. Some of the "powder" from the tablet got under my wedding rings, and this is the burn that resulted. I had no idea how caustic dishwasher powder was. You probably can't see from the picture that I have a nasty, peeling blister where my rings usually are.

I can't tell you how often Sophie helps me do dishes by putting the tablet in the dishwasher and turning it on, and I've never even thought to have her wash her hands afterwards! My friend Susan suggested that maybe the platinum in my rings reacted with the detergents to make it worse. Who knows? I DO know that we'll be washing our hands around here after touching any dishwasher tablets in the future.

Wow. Look at this picture. Just yesterday, I was a young punk, and now MY HANDS ARE GETTING OLD!!

No comments: