Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Friday, February 13, 2009

10 things that aren't worth the money

In these tight economic times, I'd like to offer my top 10 things you shouldn't bother buying:


1. Degree Antiperspirant - I got one free with CVS ECBs, and started using it last week. Two days later, I have no SKIN under my arms. Don't buy this one, and don't take it even if it's FREE!


2. Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo - This shampoo dries out my hair like super cheap shampoo except that it comes with a fat price tag. I need 1/2 cup of conditioner just to pull a comb through my hair.


3. Sam's/WalMart brand salsa - One word: EWWWWW.


4. Aldi's brand pizza crust - The texture was stale; the taste was foul. We threw it in the trash and ordered in from Paisano's.


5. Method organic daily shower cleaner - Maybe it does work (I can't tell), but the smell is horrific.


6. Sam's/WalMart brand alfredo sauce - Tastes like water/flour paste, not alfredo-y at all.


7. Charter "bundle" for telephone, internet, and cable services - Our alarm went off at least once/month while we had the bundle. In addition, I went through 3 (!!) telephone modems in one year. I went back to Bell in August, and my telephone has worked every day since. AND my alarm hasn't gone off once!


8. Viva paper towels - The texture of these towels is just weird. They are very soft, almost like a super-thick baby wipe. The thickness is adequate for spills, but they are quite lint-y so you wouldn't want to use them for cleaning.

9. Crest Pro-Health toothpaste in cinnamon - Imagine an atomic fireball candy without sugar. Two uses caused major irritation on my gums, and the roof of my mouth peeled!

10. Wish Bone Lite Ranch dressing - Yuck. I HATE the funky "lite" aftertaste. Their regular Ranch is just fine though.


No comments: