Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Friday, January 2, 2009

Another New Year

WELCOME 2009, I've been waiting for you. I've been tossing all the ideas & plans for things I need to accomplish into a mental pile in anticipation [dread] of this year's resolutions. As a rule, I am ridiculously organized, but writing these resolutions has been HARD this year, so much so that I'm two days late. And so...ta da...THE LIST (in no particular order):

FINANCIAL:

  • I will not use my credit card ONE SINGLE TIME all year.
  • I will pay off our credit card balance.
  • I will pay down (waaaay down) our HELOC.
  • I will enroll in autodraft for our weekly tithes.

SPIRITUAL:

  • I will read a devotional every day.
  • I will rejoin my ladies group for Bible study & accountability.
  • I will be a more loving & tolerant mother.
  • I will commit at least one hour per week to volunteering.

PHYSICAL:

  • I will lose 2 dress sizes.
  • I will quit smoking.
  • I will get at least four hours of exercise every week.

It was easier when all this was still in my mental pile where no one could hold me accountable, but that's not the way we're supposed to live, is it? I'm praying all these will be painless. Hope yours are too!

No comments: