Proverbs 31 - A Wife of Noble Character

........Oh, to be this strong, this wise, this fair....that's what this blog is about after all...... Learning to live well and love well and to do all things for His glory...


GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nonstop Chatter

I remember my Daddy telling me that my daughter did not need speech therapy, that one day I'd be sorry I ever taught her to talk. Today was such a day.

My Sophie is a talker. As in nonstop, all day, no nap talker. She talked to other children and adults at gymnastics this morning, family at a luncheon, strangers at the mall, her baby dolls and stuffed animals, and almost constantly to me. In fact, the last thing I said to her tonight was, "Shhhh. We'll talk more tomorrow. Go to sleep."

My neighbor Mimi says to enjoy this because her teenagers barely speak to her anymore. Surely, there is a happy medium, some middle ground. Any suggestions?

No comments: